Rejoice! The much anticipated (and far too hated) blank DC movie lineup has been revealed! Since the dates with no names was announced at this year’s San Diego Comic Con, there has been much speculation regarding what could possibly be in the works for the oft criticized movie developers. And let’s face it, they needed to “wow” us…DC is well behind Marvel in terms of the ultra-profitable comic book movie genre. Also, Marvel doesn’t need any publicity to sell what they’re pitching. Anyway, here is what DC and Warner Bros. is going to be bringing us through 2020:
- “Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice,” directed by Zack Snyder (2016)
- “Suicide Squad,” directed by David Ayers (2016)
- “Wonder Woman,” starring Gal Gadot (2017)
- “Justice League Part One,” directed by Zack Snyder, with Ben Affleck, Henry Cavill and Amy Adams (2017)
- “The Flash,” starring Ezra Miller (2018)
- “Aquaman,” starring Jason Mamoa (2018)
- “Shazam” (2019)
- “Justice League Part Two,” directed by Zack Snyder (2019)
- “Cyborg,” starring Ray Fisher (2020)
- “Green Lantern” (2020)
Warner also divulged in their press release that there will be both Man of Steel and Batman standalone movies but did not have a date for either. Looking at this slate of movies there are a few things of note. 1) Why in the world are they waiting for 5 years for Shazam? 2) Why is Dwayne Johnson’s name not next to Shazam? 3) Zack Snyder for BOTH Justice League Movies AND BvS? Cool! 4) Green Lantern reboot??? 5) Cyborg and Flash getting their own movies and 6) DC and WB are totally treating their hit TV series as its own universe…for some reason. I personally like to think that at some point their will be an “Infinite Crisis” style storyline where alternate universes collide and we see different versions of these beloved characters, but only time will tell.
Well, what do you think? There is definitely a LOT to be excited for here as we are all but guaranteed at least three comic book movies a year through 2020 (including at least one from Marvel) and that makes a nerd’s heart leap for joy. Leave some comments below and let us know what your thoughts are.