If you’re playing Dead Rising 3, it’s possible that you have experienced some issues with the game. While I’ve been lucky enough not to experience anything more than a few frame rate issues, many others have had more significant problems. Capcom Vancouver, to their credit, has addressed many of these issues with a patch, available as of this writing. The bad new though? It is a massive 13GB in size! No, I didn’t miss a decimal there, that’s 13GB. It is hard to be upset, even with the size taken into account, since Capcom Vancouver is in fact fixing things and actively listening to fans. Josh Bridge, Dead Rising 3’s Executive Producer, spoke to Xbox Wire this week, saying:
“…it’s really important that even though we’ve shipped the game and got it out to gamers, we want to make sure it’s a fun experience and nothing’s getting in their way…After release and through the holidays, we’ve been putting together a large update list. It’s in reaction to everything we could find and we’ve actually been directly reaching out to fans who’ve encountered issues.”
The patch, in addition to fixing many issues, also prepares the game for the upcoming DLC, Operation Broken Eagle, the first chapter in Untold Stories of Los Perdidos. Here’s a full list of what this patch will give you:
- Content for DLC episodes 3 and 4 added as part of this CU.
- Various stability fixes.
- Various performance improvements.
- Online stability improvements.
- Added a progress bar to main menu while installer is running.
- Fixed an issue which could allow the user to overwrite their save file during streaming install while the game is booted.
- Fix for missing English VUI command in multiplayer menu.
- Some improvements to item pickups.
- Fixed a reproducible issue where the player could get out of the world.
- Fixed an issue where music wasn’t present during the streaming install.
- Fixed some mission scripting issues.
- Fixed an issue which could cause some co-op players to not progress blueprint collection achievements correctly.
- Fixed an issue where the UI was not updating properly.
- Fixed an issue which caused glass textures to appear low-res.
- Fixed an issue which could cause shadows to render incorrectly.
- Fixed a texture issue with the Golden SledgeSaw weapon.
- SmartGlass stability fix.
Take some time to comment on what you think about this giant patch. After all, you’ll have, at the very least, a few minutes to kill while it downloads!