Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson is no stranger to movie rumors…he’s been in more than a hundred in the past two hours! One in particular struck a chord with us here at Free For All. He’s some of the scandalous details:
During a Twitter Q & A today (Johnson’s annual end of year “Rock Talk”), The Rock was asked if he had been approached by DC and/or Marvel as well as what hero or villain he would like to play. The Rock then bypassed all cat-and-mouse play and said that he had just had discussions with DC regarding an unannounced DC property. Here’s what Mr. Johnson (if you’re nasty) had to say:
“We just had a big meeting w/ Warner Bros CEO re: @DCComics 2014 we will partner up and create the cool bad assert. #RockTalk.”
Hmmmm…anymore vagueness, Your Rockness? Now, The Rock had already been in talks to play as Lobo as well as Black Adam. Both would be fantastic! The only DC property as of right now in the makings for a movie is the Batman vs Superman movie set for 2015. So what is ol’ Rocky talking about here? Here are my top five suggestions:
5. Martian Manhunter – The only reason why this is so low is due to The Rock just not fitting into this role very well. But my man Manhunter needs to be in film!
4. Black Adam – This role would need to be in a Shazam! movie (which is now debunked) or a JLA flick; if it happens, Rock would fit perfectly as the all-powerful Black Adam. Black Adam could be electrifying (punny!) on screen and The Rock brings the thunder in every movie he’s in.
3. Cyborg – If Marvel can make Falcon look good then Cyborg, done correctly, would be incredibly cool. I just don’t know if The Rock could pull it off the way it needs to be done. I see Cyborg as more of a younger fella, but we’ll see.
2. John Stewart – Ok, admittedly I am not a John Stewart Green Lantern fan…but I will say that I do heart me some Rock, so I would be in for sure! With his militant attitude, Stewart turns a lot of people off; The Rock would bring them in for sure.
1. Darkseid – Well, Thanos is in Avengers, why not have DCs ultimate baddie as the main villain in a Justice League movie? If the JLA movie happens and Darkseid is the main villain…I may poo myself if Rock is cast here. Literally. The Rock is a HUGE mountain of a man and Darkseid needs to go toe-to-toe with juggernauts like Superman, Wonder Woman and Aquaman…he’ll need to be imposing for sure!
Those are my thoughts, what are yours? Who would you like The Rock to play in a DC movie? Shout it out below!