It’s that time again! The month of October is coming to a close, and gamers who subscribe to Microsoft and Sony’s online platforms are gearing up for another round of free games. Sony revealed this morning the goodies that will be coming to their gaming platforms for the month of November, 2014, and they are as follows:
- The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth – A randomly generated RPG with heavy influence from the Rogue-like genre
- SteamWorld Dig – MetroidVania-inspired mining platformer, previously available on PC platforms as well as the Vita, Wii U and Nintendo 3DS
- Frozen Synapse Prime – A turn-based tactics game where players control squads of combatants in order to eliminate their enemies.
- Luftrausers – An indie arcade shoot-em-up with a focus on objectives and upgrades.
- The Hungry Horde – An action-strategy game where players start as a small horde of zombies and attempt to infect as many healthy humans as they can in order to overpower military forces.
- Escape Plan – A stylized, black and white puzzler that makes strong use of the Vita’s touchscreen functionality.
While players looking for more than the usual Indie fare for their current generation platform may be disappointed in the offerings on the Playstation 4, especially considering the fact that November is the 1 year anniversary of the console and the mandate that players be subscribed to Playstation Plus in order to access online multiplayer, fans should still get both of this months titles. SteamWorld Dig is a critically acclaimed title, and The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth is said to be a 500+ hour adventure that mixes elements from Zelda and Rogue-Likes. The titles will be available on November 4, which will also mark the end of the previously available free games, which includes Arkham Asylum and Spelunky. Run and get those two titles before they disappear!